It’s time for the second installment of our Senior Model Interview Series where we are talking to some of our very favorite high school models from last years team to get their behind the scenes POV on their experience as a Studio B Portraits top model. This feature we’re highlighting Alexis…I adore her and after you read her profile below you will totally understand why — she is PERSONALITY Plus! (nothing subtle about this gal — she’s funny, real and completely spontaneous) And since we are currently casting for our NEW 2015 Studio B Seniors Model Team (Open to current High School Juniors) be sure to request an application at Studio B Seniors if you are (or know) and awesome gal or guy that would make a great model for Studio B Portraits!
1. NAME: Alexis
2. SCHOOL: Issaquah High
3. My style right now is… bohemian, for the most part. I obsess over free people and vintage fabrics (don’t get me started on velvet) but sometimes I get lazy, so then I resort to jeans and a hoodie.
4. Favorite magazine… I don’t really read magazines, but when I do I like National Geographic because I’m a huge nerd.
5. Favorite retailer: Free People, http://www.freepeople.com/ but I can’t even afford their socks so I usually shop at Ally Fashion http://www.allyfashion.com/ which is this awesome, affordable shop that’s based out of Australia.
6. So “Right Now”…. do your homework and stay in school bc house wife is not an acceptable career choice idk
7. So “Over it”… I’m 100% done with trying to follow a certain style. I think my taste in clothes changes on a daily basis– and that’s totally ok. People should just dress however they feel that day. I really respect people who just wear whatever they want without caring if it follows a ‘trend’ or not. If you think it’s cute, rock it. Who cares. Miley Cyrus wore a skinned teddy bear on national TV for crying out loud. The only exceptions are denim skirts and crocs. Never e v e r wear either of those and especially not together.
8. My favorite color(s) is… sea foam green.
9. My celebrity style icon is…I will forever be obsessed with Lana Del Rey. She is beauty incarnate and an absolute queen. I’ve worshiped her since 8th grade and, honestly, I’ve never seen an outfit or appearance by her that didn’t influence me in some way. Her entire entity is so fresh and unique compared to the blah-some trash of hollywood and her; inspired by the old gems like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn. Every ensemble is very ‘old hollywood’, classy, and flawless.
10. My favorite Studio B Model moment was… Picking out my yearbook photo and seeing all the shots! Brooke put together an amazing slide show that made my mom cry and it made me feel so diva.
11. Describe your best Studio B photo (or outfit) I loved the shots in my ivory dress and floral headband! I think floral headbands got irritatingly cliche pretty quickly but I love them nevertheless. I think the whole outfit gave off a bit of a “gypsy”-esque vibe and I liked that about it a lot.